Saturday, September 19, 2009

It was tall and shiny and showed nothing of what was inside..


The Elias-Clark Building houses some of the most prominent magazines of our time, or so I had been told. I didn't actually read any of them they were a little too glossy for me but I needed a job, any job. But preferably one in my field one that would put my Brown education to good use, and Elias-Clark was my last shot. As I walked up the stairs I had never seen so many beautiful people. They were all so made-up and skinny! They looked as if they hadn't eaten for weeks.... as I would later find out they had a reason, they were too scared to eat. Before long I had met up with the other assistant who showed me how the office was to be run. Then I was pushed into a large office, before me was a very beautiful yet skinny women with no smile who immediately spoke with no kindness just a thick British accent. She was quick and witty, but yet barely spoke. I couldn't believe this women could possibly need two assistants, I mean she was about to leave the country and wouldn't be returning for another month, wow was I wrong . But it wasn't too much of a concern, I actually thought that I might be able to write a little haha. I might not have had the looks of all those other girls but I defiantly beat them in the smarts department. I mean how hard could an assistant job be, I prayed all night for them to call me back and offer me the job.......

No comments:

Post a Comment